Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Tahiti & Bora Bora by Gateway Advisor Joe Gagnon


Freezing temperatures, Icy Road conditions, Blowing winds, “Polar Vortex”, Snow, Snow and more Snow!  Enough already!! I’m so done with this! Ahh… Gentle trade winds, teal blue waters, powder white sands, swaying palm trees… I’m not in Kansas anymore! Nope, I’ve arrived of all places into French Polynesia Society Islands, commonly known as Tahiti & Bora Bora. 



I’m whisked away by private boat to the St. Regis Resort & Spa Bora Bora –a Virtuoso member resort.  Surrounded by  turquoise lagoons and views of Mount Otemanu; I “bunkered down” in my 1700 sq foot Overwater Bungalow, their smallest one; featuring Polynesian décor, canopy bed, outdoor terrace and a 13,000 sq ft sanctuary spa. Dining at “ Jean-Georges” proved to be awe-inspiring with its unique glass floor suspended over water. 

I explored other resorts nearby to include the Virtuoso member;  The Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora. the newest luxury resort; the InterContinental Bora Bora & Thalasso Spa proved to be a favorite of mine. I enjoyed the days swimming from the terrace of my Over Water Bungalow, “copping some ray’s”; as well as swimming with them too....on a Classic Vacations private lagoon excursion.  A private sailing yacht along with cocktails at sunset hilltop; rounded out the evening at the romantic Sofitel Bora Bora Private Island Resort- ideal for honeymoon couples. 


Tahiti is 6 hours behind EST; an 8.5hour flight from Los Angeles. Upon arrival into Papeete Tahiti, a quick ferry transfer to Moorea, I spent my time exploring this lush tropical island. A stay at the InterContinental Moorea Resort seemed popular among the families; featuring their Swim with the Dolphins Center located on site. The Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort, features beachside villas with private plunge pools for those wanting more privacy as an alternate to the over-water bungalow. For those with conflicting flight schedules, a stay at the InterContinental Tahiti Resort less than 10 minutes from the Papeete airport is a convenient option.  Having stayed for 7 nights gave me a chance to “get my feet wet” about this destination that I’ve longed to visit for some time. I’d encourage others to “get their feet wet” as well and contact me so I can help plan a journey to this beautiful destination. 












No comments:

Post a Comment